Friday 3 February 2017

September 2016 - Sussex Birds

September on the Sussex coast enabled me to catch-up with a couple of scarcities. The Red-backed Shrike at Newhaven Tidemills showed brilliantly during it's stay. I went on a Saturday and the light faded as I was there but was great watching the bird hunt insects and also singing. I also have video footage whilst Yellow Wagtails were calling as they migrated overhead.

The Wryneck at Climping was not so easy and was typically elusive, I managed a quick record shot as it flew up from the beach into nearby cover and only gave very brief flight views before finally coming back to the beach again a couple of hours later, 



Red-backed Shrike - Newhaven Tidemills - September 2016


Wryneck - Climping - September 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment